The World is a book and those who do not travel read only a page. -St. Augustine

Read about my adventures while I'm on my Senior Trip in Europe!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Last night...

I hope I never have to spend the night in an airport again but I've decided that I might as well get used to it... it's just a part of the traveling experience.

Last night was the most uncomfortable sleep I've ever had in my life. And I've slept in some pretty uncomfortable places.
When the restaurant cleared out around 12am, I found a big chair and tried sleeping upright with my legs over my suitcase.
Around 2am, I woke up surrounded by people who were crashed in the other chairs. When I woke up again at 4am, the other people had already left and I was just about fed up with tossing and re-positioning myself every five minutes. I got up, grabbed two chairs and pulled them towards each other (making a ridiculously loud scraping sound) and climbed in the middle.
I slept decently that way until 5am when it was time to get up and get the day started!

Besides spending my first night in an airport, another first happened today! I got my first random check in security. Lovely. It was awkward and weird. I'm so glad that's over with.

I'm now sitting waiting for my flight to Munich. I realize this is just about the most mundane blog post you will ever read and I'm sorry. I'm bored. And broke. Sadly I can't go shopping like all of the Norwegians here. Most everyone is going crazy over the "cheap" prices at the duty free shop.

Thanks for reading, everyone. I heard from my sources (i.e., my parents) that people are actually reading the blog! That makes my day. Tusen takk! A thousand thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are home safe and sound AND had so many wonderful adventures.

    ReplyDelete